Best Vegetable Dicer – Shopping Guide and Reviews
What’s for dinner? Something from the frozen aisle in the supermarket? Or take out? But think about something that would hit the taste buds right – homemade lasagna, or maybe jambalaya, or some type of terrific Indian curry dish with a lot of great veggies. Unfortunately, all the veggies require a lot of chopping and dicing and the time it takes without the best vegetable dicer just doesn’t always seem worth the trouble. Get ready to start cooking again, look at some of these vegetable dicers that take the hard work out of preparing a homemade dinner and enjoy cooking again.[table id=7 /]
Features of best vegetable dicer
There are many brands of vegetable dicers on the market today, and each one of them have certain characteristics that make them well worth the money. There are some great features that each have which ensures durability and ease of use to satisfy the pickiest consumers. Some of the features include the following:
- ABS-free (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) – ABS is also a component of some plastics that is sometimes combined with BPA and flame retardants in certain plastics. It generally is not thought to be safe to come in contact with food.
- Accessories – Look for a model with a variety of accessories to cut prep time in half which makes it more efficient.
- BPA-free (Bisphenol-A) – BPA is an industrial chemical that is found in a variety of plastics and resins and in some studies has been found to cause certain health issues and birth defects. Make sure the selected model is free of these potential toxins.
- Cleaning – Make sure to find a model that is easy to clean and is dishwasher safe, or if not dishwasher safe, that it comes with appropriate cleaning tools.
- Ease of Use – Look for a model that comes with clear instructions and is easy to use, even for beginners.
- Locking lids – For the models with containers and lids, be sure the lid has a locking mechanism for safety and preventing hand from getting into the blades.
- Rust free – Be sure to look for models made of materials which will never rust.
- Safety Features – Look for models which have safety features to ensure that fingers and hands are not damaged.
- Stainless steel construction – Stainless steel is a preferable for the discs which are used for chopping because it’s the hardest and most durable product.
- Variety of Chopping Blades – Look for a model which has an assortment cutting blades, which are sturdy enough to cut even the hardest vegetables, fruits, nuts, and cheeses, but can still cut the softer vegetables such as tomatoes, plums, or peaches. They need to be able to dice, chop, slice, make julienne cuts, and easily chop herbs and spices for assorted sauces and dishes.
- Warranty – Look for a model that has a good warranty with satisfaction guaranteed for refund or replacement if damaged.
Types of vegetable dicers
There are several types of choppers, and they can be manual choppers or electric, to cut food preparation time. There are a variety of dicer types:
- Spring-type blade choppers which are used to cut vegetable or fruit portions, but are smaller and have to cut the pieces several times.
- Hand slap choppers which requires basically “slapping” the device multiple times to cut the ingredients.
- Food processors which are electric and automatically cut the chopping time in half.
Top 7 Best Vegetable Dicers
Because there are so many models of vegetable dicers on the market, there are some which are higher rated than other. The top seven models are below:
There are many advantages, but the container, doubling as a measuring cup from ½ to two cups, is the most convenient feature. It comes with two very sharp cutting discs for dicing and cutting vegetables, fruits, and cheese in a jiffy with just one chopping motion. Also include are lid cleaning tools and it’s dishwasher safe. It weighs three pounds and measures 10.5×11.25×11.87 inches.
Customers love this because it easily chops a variety of fruits and vegetables with ease. It also cleans easily, it’s dishwasher safe, and it’s lightweight.
The main complaint is that larger fruits or vegetables must be halved or quartered to fit into the gadget before chopping.Buy from Amazon
Never cry again while chopping onions because this chopper comes with a container holding up to four cups of vegetables, fruits, or cheese in the convenient container. It’s BPA-free with heavy duty construction with two extra sharp stainless steel discs for easy chopping with one motion. It includes a cleaning brush, recipe book, and lifetime warranty. It weighs 1.45 pounds and measures 10.7×4.6×3.6 inches.
Customers love this model because it’s easy to clean and requires just a light pressure to chop even the hardest vegetables. They also liked the container rather than having to chop on a cutting board.
Customer with arthritis stated it’s somewhat difficult to close the chopper.Buy from Amazon
There are 10 interchangeable blades including a vegetable slider, julienne slider, grater for fine and course grating, a cone for juicing, and others for vegetables, fruits, and cheeses. It’s designed with a safety holder to prevent injury, and a cleaning tool. It is easy to sue and made of BRA-free and ABS-free plastic. The stainless steel blades don’t rust. This model weighs 2.15 pounds measuring 10.6×4.6×4.4 inches.
Customers loved that the sharp blades cuts both hard and soft vegetables, fruits, and cheeses with ease, and the juicer is great. The selection of cutting blades is perfect for many cuts.
Some customers complained that not all the blades worked very well.Buy from Amazon
This is an attachment to a KitchenAid food processor. The adjustable external slicing lever slices from the thickest to the thinnest sides for vegetables, fruits, or cheese. It has a wide feed tube for various sizes of food, and a convenient storage cased that holds the assorted discs. This model weighs 7.4 pounds and measures 6.9×9.7×10.2, and includes four discs and a case.
Customers stated that this is about the easiest model for dicing, slicing, and cubing vegetables and fruits and it’s very easy to clean. Storage is a breeze and easily holds all the blades.
Some customers stated clogs when slicing celery, and has to be cleaned more frequently.Buy from Amazon
For chopping, grinding, slicing, or mincing assorted fruits, cheeses, and vegetables, this model excels. It’s great for chopping garlic, lemon zest, herbs, nuts, and various ingredients for sauces and spreads. The container holds 16 ounces and has a convenient ergonomic handle. It weighs 2.42 pounds and measures 5.8×5.8×10.1 inches, and it’s very easy to use with one-touch pulsing for great results. It’s BPA-free and dishwasher safe.
Customers found this one-touch convenient, particularly with arthritic hands, and is great for mincing herbs for sauces. The handle makes it so easy to hold for pouring into another pan or bowl.
Several customers complained that the bottom cracked after a few months use.Buy from Amazon
When a vegetable dicer needs to cut the hard veggies and fruits, and the softer ones equally well, its high grade steel blades works to perfection. The stainless steel blades do not dull or rust over time and it’s made of BPA-free plastic. It’s easy to clean and is dishwasher safe and easy to store. It weighs 1.7 pounds and measures 10.7×4.8×4.3 inches.
Customer found the blades extra sharp for ease of chopping, dicing, and slicing a wide variety of vegetables, cheeses, and fruits. The interchangeable discs are easy to change out and clean.
Some customers stated be extra careful when cleaning because the blades easily cut fingers when cleaning.Buy from Amazon
The stainless steel blades ensure durability and reliable performance. It has a 1½ cup capacity with removable parts, it’s dishwasher safe, and easy to clean. It as a one-touch pulse that makes chopping a breeze and the lid easily locks in place for safer operation. It weighs 1.7 pounds and measures 7.9×4.7×6.7 inches.
Customers loved the smaller size that is great for chopping and mincing a variety of vegetables and it’s very easy to use and to clean afterwards. Arthritic customers found the one-touch pulse is particularly easy to use.
Some customers complained that the air holes in the top allows ingredients to fly out if the container is filled.Buy from Amazon
Rather than settling for store-bought or take-out for dinner, get back in the kitchen and start making some nutritious, good tasting foods. Having a vegetable dicer that does a great job with fruits, nuts, herbs, cheeses, and many other ingredients for a successful dish, get the family together again for an enjoyable meal that takes a lot less effort to prepare.
There are many models from which to select that are either manual or electric. They have assorted sizes of containers and different types of blades for chopping, slicing, dicing, making julienne cuts, and many other styles, makes it easy to use and easy to clean. The best models are BPA and ABS free and are made of stainless steel or plastic that is durable and reliable.
These models of best vegetable dicers are reasonably priced and most come with great warranties for the life of the model.