Best Electric Frying Pan Shopping Guide
An electric frying pan is one of the most convenient, and multi-use appliances that anyone can have in the kitchen. From the most basic bacon and eggs, to beef stroganoff, to the best southern fried chicken ever, it’s versatile and easy to use. There are even recipes available for baking a cake, cooking pizza, pies, and even making homemade biscuits in the best electric frying pan. The versatility of these newest non-stick electric skillets makes clean-up a breeze; which means trying new recipes in them is more fun than ever, and the newest dinners cooked in these are absolutely great!
Best features to look for when buying electric frying pan
With so many models to choose from on the market, there are a lot of great features to look for when deciding which electric frying pan to purchase. Some of the main features to look for include the following:
- Budget – There are many models in various price ranges. Check for the model with the desired features that fits the budget – the temperatures should range up to 450 degrees.
- Cooking temperature range – Depending on the recipes to be cooked, look for one with a good range of temperatures.
- Cool handles – Be sure to look for a model that has handles which stay cook during cooking to prevent burned hands during the cooking process.
- Cord length – The cords come in different lengths. Shorter cords requires the electric skillet to be closer to the wall, while longer cords allows it to be further away when the sockets are in a more inconvenient place. Look for a model that has a place to store the cord while it is not in use.
- Detachable heating mechanism – Determine if the heating mechanism breaks away from the skillet if it should fall, or if it needs to be replaced.
- Easy to clean – Many electric skillets come with the non-stick coating, which is so convenient because cleaning up afterwards is a breeze, but these require extra care. Others are stainless steel, and are more durable.
- Even Cooking – Be sure to look for a model that has even heating throughout the cooking surface, with no hot spots or cold spots that would provide uneven temperatures.
- Glass lid – In order to easily see how the food is cooking an clear, tempered glass is recommended to allow easy checking of the cooking process without removing the lid and allowing valuable heat to escape.
- Lockable lids – A lot of models have lockable lids which is an added safety feature that ensures the contents stay in the skillet even if it gets shuffled around the countertop.
- Pour spout – Some models have a built in pour spout that makes it easy to transfer liquid contents to a serving bowl; and bonus it doubles as a rest for the spoon.
- Sidewall height – The higher the sidewalls, the wider the range of different recipes which can be cooked in the electric skillet. Whether it’s used for frying, roasting, baking, or even single disk meals, a higher sidewall provides more flexibility
- Size – The size of the electric skillet is one of the main factors. For consumers who cook for larger families, certainly a larger electric frying pay is preferred; consequently for a single person, the smaller the size, the more convenient it is to use.
- Steam Vent – Some models have an adjustable steam vent in the lid which aids in even cooking and allowing steam to escape.
- Surface area – Be sure to look for a model with a large enough surface area so that all the ingredients cook evenly.
- Weight – On average these electric skillets weigh between four and eight pounds, be sure to look for a model that is light enough for all cooks using it to easily move and handle.
Top 7 Best Electric Frying Pans
The following are some of the highest rated electric frying pan, which are easy to use and have great features:
This electric skillet features a cast iron aluminum base with an easy to clean non-stick surface, yet it’s dishwasher safe. There is a built in spout that makes it easy to pour the liquids into a serving bowl that doubles as a spatula or spoon holder. The handle conveniently folds down, and can be stored inside the skillet. This model weighs 8.55 pounds and measures 20×12.5×8 inches.
Customer who purchased this model state that it cooks evenly and consistently and is so easy to clean. It’s deep and holds a large capacity and the spout makes it easy to pour liquids
Some customers noticed a residue that came off the bottom of the skillet after washing it in the dishwasher.Buy from Amazon
With a non-stick surface and adjustable heat, this model is one of the top rated electric skillets. The handles remain cool during cooking and it can be washed in the dishwasher. It comes with a probe for precise cooking temperatures. It heats rapidly and is great for sautéing, frying, simmering, braising, or stir-fry. This model weighs 4.9 pounds and measures 16.3×11.2×7 inches.
Customers with large families like the larger size of this model, and the non-stick surface prevents food from sticking. The temperature control makes it easy to keep from burning foods.
The main complaint from some customers was the legs were loose and wobbly, and hard to put in.Buy from Amazon
This round multi-functional electric frying pan comes with two cooking pans, each with a non-stick coating on the titanium ceramic body. It has a deep dish and adjustable height steaming plate with handles that stay cook and great temperature range from 176 degrees (which is great for keeping warm) to 480 degrees. This model measures 17.5x15x8.5 and weighs nine pounds.
Customers love the versatility that having two cooking pans provides that allows everything from roast to pizza to brownies to scrambled eggs and cakes, plus it’s very easy to clean.
The main complaint is the glass cover is not covered in the warranty, and some thought it was too small.Buy from Amazon
This square-shaped model has a non-stick surface and, since the heating element is embedded in the base, it provides an even cooking temperature. The steam vent is adjustable and has the reliability of a die cast aluminum body. It is also dishwasher safe and the high sides are great. It weighs 8.89 pounds and measures 19.3×11.8×8.4 inches.
Customers love this model because it heats evenly, and a tempered glass top to view the food which prevents heat loss. It looks nice enough to place on a buffet table when serving a crowd.
Some customers complained that the non-stick surface burned off around the area where the heating element plugs in.Buy from Amazon
A non-stick surface coating makes this electric skillet an excellent choice for cooking many different types of meals. This model is made of durathon ceramic which is four times more long-lasting and resilient than other types. At three inches deep, with adjustable temperature controls, it weighs only 7.6 pounds and measures at 21x12x8 inches.
Customers love the large non-stick cooking surface, and it’s very easy to clean. The adjustable temperature control is very convenient; it cooks great!
Some customers complained that the cord is too short, and the vent on the lid cannot be adjusted or closed, which is inconvenient. Others complained that this model makes a loud humming noise.Buy from Amazon
This is actually an electric griddle with a non-stick surface that is extra-large and it’s very easy to clean. The adjustable thermostat makes easily controls the temperature, and the heavy cast aluminum body is sturdy. The removable handles makes storage of the base convenient, and the tray slides out. It weighs 6.5 pounds and measures 26.2×11.5×2.5 inches.
Customers like this griddle because of how easy is stored in the cabinets and the non-stick surface is excellent for cooking a variety of meats and vegetables without sticking.
Some customers don’t like the tight diamond shaped pattern on the cooking surface, and sometimes it does seem to be uneven in heat distribution.Buy from Amazon
This electric skilled is great for cooking smaller meals. The adjustable temperature control is easily readable, and ensures that the right temperature is attained. The non-stick surface is easy to clean; although, the base is not dishwasher safe, the lid can be put in the dishwasher. The glass lid and handles stay cool, and an adjustable vent allows steam to escape. This model weighs 3.8 pounds and measures 12x10x6 inches.
Customers loved the smaller size of this skilled for grilled cheese, eggs, burgers, and even small steaks, plus it’s easy to clean.
Some customers didn’t like it because it was too small and doesn’t get hot enough for some dishes.Buy from Amazon
There are many advantages to using an electric frying pan over having to heat up the stove and use a regular skilled.
- First, the non-stick surfaces are easily cleaned and not predisposed to burning foods easily.
- Second, having deeper sides allows more versatility in cooking a larger variety of dishes, and can even be used to bake cakes or pies.
- Third, the temperature controls are much more reliable than the burners on a stove.
With so many advantages to these electric frying pans, these are one of the best appliances to have for every household’s kitchen tools.